It is the age of Adventurer tourer model to beat the market competition. Just like in the four-wheeler segment, where majority of the market players are emphasizing on the development of compact SUV or SUV, German automaker has once again came up with its new wheel that nails the off-road obstacles.
BMW is all set to introduce its 2018 BMW F 800 GS. The ADV that is equipped with 17” and 21” wire-spoke wheels adjusts itself appreciable on the off-road terrain. The dirt bike like suspension mechanism prepares the vehicle to adjust well to the rough tracks and also makes the ride smooth of paved roads.
The total weight of the vehicles is 478 Pounds, which isn’t bulky for adventurer bike. Owing to its light weight body, it makes the handling hassle free and offers a mesmerizing riding experience. Its high performance powertrain enables the rider to reach the top level on the speedometer, which makes bike expedition on highways memorable.
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 798 CC
- Bore x stroke: 82 x 75.6mm
- Maximum power: 85 horsepower @ 7500 rpm
- Maximum torque: 61 ft/lbs @ 5750 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0:1
- Valve train: DOHC, 4vpc
- Cooling: Liquid
- Transmission: Constant mesh 6-speed w/ straight cut gear teeth
- Final drive: Chain
- Wheelbase: 62 Inches
- Rake: 26 Degree
- Trail: 4.6 Inches
- Seat height: 34.6 Inches (adjustable)
- Fuel capacity: 4.2 Gallons
- Fuel consumption: 54 mpg at a constant 55 mph
- Curb weight: 478 Pounds
- Frame: Tubular steel trellis
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable 43mm fork; 9.1 Inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Rebound-damping and spring-preload adjustable shock; 8.5 inches
Front wheel: 2.15 x 21; wire spoke
- Rear wheel: 4.25 x 17; wire spoke
- Front tire: 90/90-21
- Rear tire: 150/70-17
- Front brakes: Dual floating 300mm discs with dual-piston floating calipers
- Rear brake: 265mm disc, with single-piston floating caliper
- ABS: Standard
The vehicle comes in a single color shade, Racing Blue Metallic. About the cost, the automaker is yet to announce the figures.